Disaster Unemployment Assistance
To file a DUA claim, visit www.FloridaJobs.org or call 1-800-385-3920.
Are you or have you been unemployed due to the hurricane? If so here is where to apply for temporary assistance for workers unemployed as a result of a major disaster. Examples of workers who qualify:
- Self employed individuals who lost their business or saw it interrupted.
- Workers whose place of business was damaged and work is not available.
- Workers who can no longer reach their place of employment.
- Workers unemployed due to the disaster.
- Workers scheduled to begin work but can no longer because the place of employment was damaged or destroyed.
- Workers outside disaster declaration area may be eligible if their employer was impacted leading to their unemployment.
Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) is a federal program administrated by the states that kicks in when a disaster declaration is made by the President of the United States. The program provides temporary financial assistance for workers unemployed as the result of a major disaster.
Get additional links for assistance from the United Way Florida’s disaster relief website athttp://www.uwof.org/disaster